One of the best gifts that nature gives us is the amazing sources, found in plants, fruit, and more. Some of these great ingredients can even help us improve our health, hair, skin and overall state of well-being. Superfoods are foods that provide us with more than 10 benefits. One of this unique superfoods that brings us a long list of benefits is Coconut Oil. Coconut oil, found liquid or solid form, has incredible properties and brings powerful benefits to our health. Today we share with you why coconut oil is awesome and a product you should have at home without a doubt.
The powerful coconut oil
Coconut oil is one of the richest sources of saturated fats, but these are harmless and healthy. The type of saturated fat is made up by medium chain triglycerides (MCTs), which is different to the type of fat found in cheese or steak. MCTs are quickly metabolised and turned into ketone bodies, which can aid brain disorders like epilepsy and Alzheimer’s. Ketone bodies are also known to have an appetite reducing effect, which can affect positively over body weight. These MCTs are also the culprit to increasing energy expenditure and leading to significant weight loss over the long term, as well.
Populations that consume large amounts of coconut fruit, like those in South Pacific, have been found to be extremely healthy and free of heart disease. It has also been proven that coconut oil has antibacterial and antifungal properties. Lauric acid can be found inside the coconut’s fatty acids. This acid can kill bacteria, viruses and fungi.
There are many uses for this wonderful gift from nature. Coconut oil is used in the kitchen, to heal and to beautify. Here are some uses:
1. It’s a powerful moisturizer and can be used for very dry skin.
2. It is commonly used in the makeup industry, as a cheekbone highlighter, a base ingredient and make-up remover.
3. In the shower can be used as a leg shaver and deep conditioner for your hair.
4. Because of its antibacterial properties, it can be used to wash your face and to moisturize, as well.
5. It can be used as massage oil and to make marvelous body scrubs.