How do you reduce frown lines naturally? Is it possible to get rid of wrinkles without surgical procedures or invasive treatments? How can Botox® help reduce deep wrinkles between the brows? What’s involved in the procedure, and how much does it cost? Does Botox® hurt? These are just some of the questions people ask when considering Botox® treatments to get rid of their frown lines, but many people don’t realize that frown lines can be reduced through cosmetic injections and fillers like Juvederm®, Restylane®, and Radiesse® as well as other injectables such as Dysport® and Xeomin®.
What Are Some Ways I Can Help Prevent Further Development of Permanent Wrinkles?
There are a number of ways to help reduce permanent wrinkles and those annoying little creases in your face. Here’s how:
- Never leave your home without sunscreen on your face. UV rays can not only speed up signs of aging, but they can cause wrinkles faster, as well.
- Don’t smoke cigarettes. The long-term effects of smoking include premature wrinkling, crow’s feet around your eyes, and wrinkled skin around lips caused by sun exposure.
- Stay hydrated. Dehydration is one of many causes for wrinkles and fine lines.
- Use an anti-aging cream or lotion on your face every day.
- Get plenty of sleep each night.
- Exfoliate at least once per week to remove dead skin cells that can clog pores and make you look older than you really are!
Will Botox® Help Me Prevent Permanent Wrinkles in the First Place?
There are two main types of injectables. One, neurotoxins like Botox®, relax facial muscles and can significantly reduce or even eliminate frown lines. The other type is fillers, which are used to plump up deep wrinkles and folds around your eyes and mouth (think: crow’s feet). Fillers can help boost collagen production to make skin appear smoother — but they don’t reduce existing wrinkles or creases.
Should I Also Consider Cosmetic Fillers?
Some people opt for fillers as well as Botox® injections to prevent facial lines and wrinkles. If you have deep frown lines, or if your skin is naturally thin, it might be a good idea to consider filler injections at least once a year. Restylane® can smooth out laugh lines, while Juvederm® can plump up certain areas of your face. These cosmetic injections are typically used in conjunction with Botox® injections in order to achieve a more youthful appearance.
Contact Hellenic Laser Spa today for all your Botox® needs.